Welcome to our first #RPmyBook chat! This week we’re getting to know your Main Character.
These questions make reference to some common plot structure terms. Follow the linked terms to learn more about them.
- Give us your basic info. Name, age, gender, genre.
- Bonus: What’s your nickname and why?
- How would a friend describe you to someone else?
- How would an enemy describe you to someone else?
- Do you have any special skills? Will they help you during your story?
- What are you most afraid of?
- What are you doing just before your story starts?
What is your MC doing the day, the hour, the minute before Page 1 begins?
- What’s your gut reaction to the Inciting Incident?
The Inciting Incident is the event that changes everything for your MC.
- What changes for you between Page 1 and Plot Point 1?
PP1 is where the MC makes a pivotal decision to engage with the plot. After this, there’s no going back.
- What’s your attitude going into the rest of the plot? GIFs welcome!